Saturday, June 23, 2007

Those Spanish eyes...

Hola senors and senoritas! Why am I speaking in fluent Spanish, you ask? Because we´re now in Barcelona!

The good people of EasyJet brought us here and I must take this moment to say that EasyJet are superior to Ryan Air. There´s just that little bit more space between you and the seat in front of you, you see, and when you´re 6´1", like myself, that sort of thing really helps.

Speaking of being impressively tall, I´ve been whacking my head a lot lately. And, quite frankly, I´m a little sick of it. All through England I felt as if I´d hit my head. I hit my head on the bedhead in Brest. I hit my head in Paris. And I hit my head on a ceiling beam at dinner here in Barcelona. Thank God it hasn´t affected my matinee idol good looks.

So. Barcelona. Thankfully, we seem to have left the rain in France (or maybe it´s just that here in Spain the rain falls mainly on the plain) and the weather here is hot hot hot! Like a tamale. Sophie and Fred will be joining us here tomorrow morning, after taking a twelve hour train trip from Paris, so when they arrive we´ll probably board one of the tourist buses and take a tour of Barcelona. What we´ve seen of the city so far looks great. It must´ve been crazy here during the Olympics.

So, until my next posting... adios!




No comments: