Monday, June 25, 2007

How I love thee, Barcelona! Let me count the ways...


16, 17, 18...

We're now back in chilly London. But before I get to that...

Yesterday afternoon, Pet and I took a long stroll through the streets of Barcelona to take a look at Sagrada Familiar, a cathedral which was designed by my good pal Gaudi. Amazing! Interestingly enough, the building has never been finished and work is still continuing on it to this very day, funded by charities and donations. Pet took a plethora of photos, so watch this space.

This morning we went for another wander through the Barcelonian streets, heading into the main tourist street of La Ramblas. We noticed that in the centre of the city many of the streets are narrow little laneways, just big enough for one car to pass through, with rows of tall buildings on either side. Basically, the sun never hits the street, which in a city this hot is a very good idea. Out in the residential areas, where we were staying, the streets are three or four lanes wide and one way so the sun just bakes everything.

But now we're in London again, with Barcelona just a fond memory. I can't wait to go back. I'd happily live there.

No comments: