Thursday, June 28, 2007

A brief review of holiday liquor

In Thailand, I recommend drinking Singha beer. Pet didn't like it that much but I thought it was grand. Cool and crisp and thailicious.

In England, Carling's been my beer of choice. I've opted for pints, which have served me quite nicely.

The first beer I ordered in France was a Leffe Blonde. "Une Leffe!" I said to the girl. She said something in return in French then gave me a beer. We were quite the team. The Leffe was quite sweet. Pet preferred this one. I also tried to regional beers around Brest, neither of which I can remember the name of. One was cloudy and like home brew. The other was less so.

I have no idea what I drank in Spain. But it was good. But that's probably because Barcelona's the greatest city on Earth. Ever.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Hi Mark,

I remember in a crêperie you had a Ouessantine beer - with seaweed flavour, which we only discovered after you had finished it ;)
Then a Mutine. With a kind of lady pirate on the label, very suited to the pirate crêperie.