Saturday, June 23, 2007

Parisienne Heaven

I have died and gone to heaven.

This morning there was a fresh food market down the road from our hotel in Paris and it was WONDERFUL! Lots and lots of fresh food of every kind : fruit, vegetables, cheese, bread, meat and a whole bunch of other stuff. I sent Mark back to the hotel to get the camera and I snapped a bundle of shots. Which is bad because three days ago we discovered we had taken 499 photos up until that point. After the Eiffel Tower and Le Louvre we must have more than 600.

After the market we headed towards this internet cafe which I am writing in now and passed a patisserie full of fresh bread and cakes. OH MY GOD! A visual feast! Le Gerbe D'Or eat your heart out! I bought four mini macaroons for the flight to Barcelona. But God, I could have eaten myself into oblivion in that shop.


I conclude that to live in France I would need to become a marathon runner to burn off all the goodies I would be bound to eat. God help me!

No comments: