Thursday, May 17, 2007

What's two weeks?

Yesterday I told Marky he wasn't to rip the page of the holiday countdown without me this morning. I made the countdown 12 weeks ago, commencing at 14 weeks. I set it up so that every Friday, a sheet could be torn off and we'd know our holiday was slowly but steadily approaching. That's how desperate we are!

So this morning, after waking up and lying in bed complaining about what a bad night's sleep we had (thanks to the rain hammering on our neighbour's garage door all night), we got up, went to the countdown and carefully removed the page for three weeks, revealing that there are only two weeks left. Hooray!

Our greatest concern at this stage is the change from a proper paper ticket to an international e-ticket. What if, at Heathrow, they take a look at our flimsy paper print out and decide that we're not planning to go home and decline our entry on that basis! That would seriously tick me off.

I guess the reception at Bangkok will be the litmus test!

No comments: